So, as I was watching all the shenanigans on TV last night of the students at my alma-mater (IU) rushing the floor after the epic win over Wisconsin, I couldn’t help but reminisce a little about the amazeballzness of the college experience, especially at IU (Little 500 anyone?) . Now, don’t get me wrong, I love being an adult particularly because of the whole “not having homework” thing….
BUT…there are certain things from college that I can’t help but miss. And thanks to the geniuses at Buzzfeed, here is a list of 19 things we will ALL miss the most about college.
Moment of silence for our college years *tear*…..
“19 Things You Miss Most After Graduating College”
1. Making your own schedule.
In the real world: Work, sleep, work.
2. Three-month summer vacations.
In the real world: Probably a two-week vacation. If you have money. And if you’re not tempted to check your email the whole time.
3. Your body being able to handle an obscene amount of alcohol.
In the real world: Brunch on Sunday, hungover by 6 p.m., feel like you’re going to die, remember you have work tomorrow, cry.
4. Living on meal plans.
In the real world: Cook like an adult or spend all your money on delivery.
5. Not giving a f*** and wearing sweatpants to class.
In the real world: Business casual unless you want to get fired by HR.
6. Going to the gym on your own time.
In the real world: Head to the gym after work (like every other 9-to-5 employee) and hope you get on a machine and home before Scandal comes on.
7. Not worrying about student debt.
In the real world: You’ll be paying these off until you’re dead.
8. Skipping a class just because you wanted to.
In the real world: Waste a vacation day on some stupid hangover.
In the real world: Try really hard to stay awake during that 3 p.m. meeting.
10. A very large pool of young and attractive single people.
In the real world: *I will not hook up with my co-workers. I will not hook up with my co-workers.*
11. Late-night runs to Taco Bell.
In the real world: zZzZzZzzzz…
12. Cheap drinks, all the time.
In the real world: “Are there any drink specials? Is it happy hour?”
13. Sitting in the student section at football games (for free).
In the real world: Settling for an alumni bar.
14. Beer pong.
In the real world: Catch Phrase.
15. Student discounts.
In the real world: Seamless 15% discount.
16. Studying abroad.
In the real world: Too much $$$ and not enough vacation days.
17. Spring break.
In the real world: Beach-themed desktop wallpaper.
18. Living in close proximity to a majority of your friends.
In the real world: “Want to Skype soon?”
Also On RadioNOW 100.9: