I remember when I was a kid I used to save my money and once I reached a whopping total of $10-$20, I’d go to the local toy store and buy a Ty Beanie Baby. Because back in the 90’s, they were the ISH. And I even had quite a collection that could fit a small suitcase. And my mom actually supported my Beanie Baby addiction because I convinced her that “Someday they will be worth something!”
Well, sadly, I’m pretty sure my mom forgot about that little tidbit and gave them away at some point, which is quite unfortunate because it appears that not only are some Beanie Babies “worth something” now….they are worth A LOTTTTTT!
Get ready to have your mind blown.
The most valuable Beanie Baby BY FAR is the first-edition Princess Diana Beanie Baby. There are several on E-bay listed well into the six-figures.
2. This one is a bargain at $100,000 cheaper.
3. If you have one of these tie-dye ones, you can sell it for about a year’s salary.
4. Another hot item — the Valentino Beanie Baby, but it’s worth the most if its tags are MISSPELLED.
5. Surprisingly, the prototypes — the very earliest Beanie Babies, which did not come with certain tags — are rare but not worth quite as much. They seem to sell in the $5,000 range.
6. Here’s a “super rare” model going for $5,000.
7. If, for some reason, the tag is in Korean, that’s good for you.
8. And even a few first-generation models (so long as they have their tags) can fetch a couple grand. Here’s the Orange Digger going for $2,500.