TIS THE SEASON Y’ALL!
Yup yup yup, it’s football time, which means that any given Sunday you’ll be throwing on your Andrew Luck jersey, grabbing some brews and headed down to tailgate or partake in some sort of epic football-themed party festivities. So naturally, leave it to my people at Buzzfeed to come up with the most wonderous list of everything you need to know to have the most AWESOME SUNDAY EVER.
So, my friends…BEHOLD: “The 17 DO’s And DON’Ts Of Awesome Tailgating”
1. DO Take It Easy The Night Before So You Can Get Up Early And Park As Close To The Stadium As Possible
It WILL be worth it.
2. DON’T Bring Frozen, Pre-Formed Hamburger Patties
3. DO Bring Enough Food To Give Some To The People In Adjacent Parking Spaces
It’s a pro move to establish good vibes with your neighbors right away.
4. DON’T Be A Scold About The Technical Difference Between A “Barbeque” And A “Cookout”
Because if you are “that person”…I assume that you also drink your can of Coors light with your pinkie up… and we can’t be friends…
5. DO Bring More Ice Than You Think You Will Possibly Ever Be Able To Use
Make sure your beer is cold and frosty heading into hours three through ten!
6. DO Bring Something To Help Pass The Time
These guys have it made.
7. DO Make Sure You Have A Way To Keep Up With Other Games
8. DON’T Play Ladder Toss
It looks’ like a kids’ toy. Football is a game for grown men and the women who can drink them under the table.
9. DO Play Cornhole
Throw a SACK in a HOLE? That’s WAYYYY more like it.
10. DO Bring A Football And Dent Some Poor Sucker’s Car Hood With An Errant Punt
Pat McAfee who?
11. DON’T Leave A Mess
Don’t be that d-bag. Just…don’t.
12. DON’T Get So Drunk That You Miss The Game
Because that’s stupid. And defeats the purpose anyway, right?
13. DON’T Forget That You Can Tailgate After The Game Too
Because that’s how champions party, obvi.
14. DO Walk Around The Parking Lot With A Case Of Beer Talking To Strangers
Because we all make friends with random strangers when booze is involved. Case in point: COLLEGE.
15. DO Get So Jacked Up For The Game That You Nearly Explode
16. DO Something Crazy
But don’t die. Everything else is fair game though..
17. DO Forget About All The Dumb Stress Of Everyday Existence While You Bask In The Greatness Of Being Free And Alive On A Beautiful Fall Weekend
Because It’s football season again, everyone. WOOOOOOO!