* INDOT is launching an accelerated project that will close I-65 and I-70 between the north and south splits on the east side of downtown Indianapolis for approximately 59 days in Fall 2013 to reconstruct and lower one-half mile of pavement beneath seven bridges.
* Indiana Department of Transportation repair crews shut down the I-65/I-70 “split” just south of Downtown.
* 59-day project that will increase the clearance under seven highway bridges.
* Drivers are being detoured to I-465, but there are alternate options for local traffic using Downtown city streets.
* From the Northside, drivers taking I-65 south can still use the Ohio, Michigan and Fletcher ramp to get to Downtown.
* From the south, drivers on I-65 north heading Downtown can exit at Morris/Prospect streets; or take I-70 west and get off at exits for Meridian /Madison or Missouri/West streets.
*Drivers heading south on I-65 from north of Downtown will still be able to access eastbound I-70 north of the split. Westbound traffic on I-70 coming from east of Downtown also will be able to access I-65 north.