Indianapolis Downtown, Inc. gives suggests the following events for this Independence Day:
- Bring a blanket and grab your spot early to watch the fireworks at the Indiana War Memorial. There will be plenty of activities beginning at 6:30 p.m. to keep your entire family entertained as well as Donatos pizza, ice cream, soda and beer available for purchase (cash only). Stop by the Indianapolis Colts stage featuring live music from the JesterKings and a military dedication ceremony. Colts in Motion, a 42’ traveling Colts museum, will also be onsite. Kids’ activities will include face painting, carnival games and inflatables. Be sure to stop by the Rolls Royce military area to talk with members of various branches of the military and take part in the fun. Visit http://myindytoday.com/ for more info.
- Celebrate Independence Day at the Eiteljorg Museum of American Indians & Western Art with FREE admission to the museum from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. See the Steel Ponies exhibit, featuring one of Evil Knievel’s bikes and a chopper made on the show American Choppers. For more information visit http://www.eiteljorg.org/
- FREE Concerts on the Canal series continues July 4 at the Indiana History Center from 5 – 9:30 p.m. Hear the Indianapolis Municipal Band play patriotic tunes and marches, plus rock from The Impalas. The Terrace is a great place to watch the city’s fireworks! Reserved seating is available: Tables for four are $35; $30 for IHS members. Tables for eight are $45; $40 for IHS members. Single seats at a community table are available for $8, $7 for members. Call 232.1882 for more details or log on to indianahistory.org.
- Get ready for the Ice Cream Social at the Benjamin Harrison Presidential Site! Ice cream from 11:30 a.m. to 3 p.m., patriotic enactors and live music make this the perfect July 4 family celebration. Tickets are $12 for adults, $5 for students and FREE for children four and under. Call 631.1888 or check presidentbenjaminharrison.org.
- Take a six-mile tour of Indianapolis in the Firecracker 6 run/walk. Spend the day supporting Hoosiers Helping Heroes by participating in the family friendly event. Finish the race at the Indianapolis City Market for a post-race celebration including food, music and prizes! Register for the event at firecracker6.com.
- Party Independence Day away at the Rathskeller Biergarten’s July 4 celebration! Enjoy live music featuring A Silent Film from 7 – 7:45 p.m. and Zanna Doo from 8 – 11 p.m. Stay for a great view of the Downtown fireworks. Call 636.0396 to make reservations today! Log on to rathskeller.com for more details.
- Creation Café will be serving up BBQ and featuring live music with an excellent view of the fireworks Downtown. $30 for adults, $15 for kids up to 12 (3 & under are FREE). For more information visit http://www.creationcafeandeuphoria.com or call 955.2289.
- The Veterans Appreciation Day Benefit Concert is taking place at Denison Parking at 36 S. Pennsylvania St. from 6:30 – 9:30 p.m. Celebrate this fete of the Fourth with four bars, four bands, $4 drafts and $4 parking at 31 S. Meridian St. Loo Abby, Next Degree, Max Allen Band and Something Rather Naughty will be performing. Call 633.4003 for more information.
Also On RadioNOW 100.9:
100 photos Launch gallery