The NFL will make room for 5,000 more people to purchase tickets for Super Bowl XLVI at Lucas Oil Stadium, it was revealed Wednesday. League officials told the Indianapolis Business Journal that they plan to increase capacity in the stadium to 68,000 from its usual 63,000 for Colts games. Indianapolis’ initial bid for the game included a plan to expand the stadium’s capacity to 70,000, but the Super Bowl Host Committee recently said it would only expand capacity to 63,254. “As with most major productions, plans are refined as the event nears,” NFL spokesman Brian McCarthy told the IBJ. “We modified our plans … as we looked for the best fan experience.” The decision comes one year after seating issues at Cowboys Stadium left 850 ticketholders displaced and another 400 who did not have seats despite paying for tickets. Those 400 people were a given a refund of $2,400 per ticket — three times face value — but some have said the refund was less than what they initially paid for the ticket on the secondary market. A class-action lawsuit stemming from the incident is still pending. However, unlike the situation at last year’s Super Bowl, no bleachers or temporary structures will be built to accommodate the additional seats. McCarthy added that all of the temporary seats in Lucas Oil Stadium have been inspected and approved by the city’s Department of Code Enforcement. Also, most of the extra seats will come from additional standing-room tickets sold for each luxury suite and by filling out platforms that usually are unused for Colts games with padded chairs. The way we see it Fan experience was far less than satisfactory for many paying customers at last year’s Super Bowl and the NFL will be under scrutiny this time around to make sure prior mistakes are not repeated in Indianapolis.